Call the Family Health Hotline 1-800-322-2588
We’re here to help!
If you call the Family Health Hotline, you can expect a short wait time before you’re connected with a friendly, local, and knowledgeable staff member at WithinReach. We can help you understand and apply for a variety of food and health resources in Washington state, including:
- WIC (Women, Infants & Children Nutrition Program)
- Basic Food (Food Stamps)
- Health Insurance for children and pregnant women
- Birth control through the Take Charge Program
- Health and family planning clinics
- Developmental screenings
- Pregnancy and baby supplies
- Breastfeeding support
- Food banks
- and much more …
We’re available Monday-Thursday 8:00-5:30 and Friday 8:00-5:00
- Bilingual staff speak Spanish
- Other languages are served using interpreters via AT&T Language Line
- No quotas or time limits, so we can talk as long as you like to connect you to the services you need
- We can screen you and start applications over the phone or provide you with information and a quick referral—it’s up to you!
A Resource for Professionals too!
Operated by WithinReach, the Family Health Hotline provides clients AND professionals with the most up-to-date information about state-sponsored health insurance, food programs, and a wide variety of other resources. Highly trained Call Center staff can help professionals understand:
- Up-to-date program eligibility guidelines
- How to apply for benefits
- How and where clients can access services
We offer integrated telephone/online services. Staff can:
- Screen callers for eligibility
- Start a benefits application over the phone
- Email an activation code for clients to finish their application on ParentHelp123.org
- Email local resources like WIC clinics, food banks, etc to clients and professionals
For more information about the Family Health Hotline, email Liz Jaquette.