Additional Resources

additional resourcesThere are a number of programs in Washington to help families in need.

If you are struggling, read more about programs that can help improve your family’s financial situation and learn about free resources for low income families like cash assistance and legal help.

Paid Family and Medical Leave

Washington is one of six states that offers Paid Family and Medical Leave benefits to eligible workers when they need to take time off to care for themselves or others. Learn more about how to apply for and take Paid Leave.

Working Connections Child Care Program

Working Connections Child Care helps some families with limited incomes to pay for child care while they work or meet TANF/WorkFirst program requirements. Learn more about who qualifies for the child care subsidy and how to apply. Learn more about Working Connections Child Care.

Cash Assistance Programs

The Department of Social and Health Services offers programs to help Washington State residents in need. Read more about Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). Learn more about Cash Assistance.

Free Tax Preparation Sites

Find locations in your community that provide free tax preparation services. Sites can determine if you qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit, Higher Education Credit or Child /Dependent Care Credit and help you file for FREE. Learn more about free tax prep sites.

Prescription Assistance

The Washington Prescription Drug Program Discount Card gives discounts on all medications to all Washington state residents regardless of age or income. You can call 1-800-913-4146. Learn more on the Health Care Authority website and enroll online.

Unemployment Benefits

The Employment Security Department provides financial resources for Washington State residents who are unemployed through no fault of their own. Find out whether you might be eligible for unemployment benefits. Learn more about unemployment eligibility.

Utility and Housing Assistance

Find resources to help pay for energy bills, telephone service and housing costs. Learn more about utility and housing assistance.

Legal Resources

Washington State provides free legal information and referral through the statewide CLEAR Hotline (Coordinated Legal Education, Advice and Referral). Learn more about getting free legal help.