Call or Go to a DSHS Office

Call or Go to a DSHS Office

If you need to talk with DSHS about your benefits or you are applying for benefits, this page will help you decide who to call, or if it is better to go to a DSHS office to get the help that you need. Early in the day is the least busy so call or arrive between 8:00-9:00 AM. (Monday and the day after a holiday will be busy.)

If you want help with benefits please be sure to have your DSHS Client ID, your Social Security Numbers, and your income.

Call the DSHS Customer Service Contact Center at 1-877-501-2233

The service contact center hours are Monday–Friday 8:00 AM–5:00 PM. Here's a list of what DSHS can help you with if you call:

  • Get information and report changes about any of your benefits
  • Complete an interview or periodic reviews for benefits
  • Apply for child care

If you are already enrolled, you can call the 24-hour automated Answer Phone at 1-877-980-9220. You can't talk to a person, but you can get information about your case. You will need to have your client ID and social security number. Learn more about calling the DSHS Answer Phone.

Go to a DSHS Office

Office hours are Monday–Friday, 8:00 AM–5:00 PM. (Limited service after 2 PM.) Here is a list of what DSHS can help you with if you go in to an office. Find a DSHS office near you.

  • Apply for benefits or submit documents
  • Have an in-person interview or benefits review
  • Apply for an EBT card (Food Stamps) (10:00 AM–2:00 PM)
  • Report changes for any of your benefits
  • Meet with a WorkFirst or Social Services case manager

How to Get a Replacement EBT Card (Food Stamps)

Call JPMorgan Chase to get a replacement EBT card at 1-888-328-9271. A replacement card will be mailed to you within 5-10 business days. To check your EBT account go to the JPMorgan Chase EBT Account website.

If You Need Emergency Food

The fastest way to get emergency food benefits is by going directly to a DSHS office between 8:00 AM–2:00 PM. The average wait time ranges from 20-45 minutes, but may be longer during busy times. Most people are able to receive benefits the same day they go to the office. Find a DSHS office near you.

Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP

Call 1-855-623-9357. Hours are Monday–Friday 8:00 AM–5:00 PM. Call for information about your child’s medical benefits or premium.

General Customer Service Information

Every person enrolled in State medical programs receives a Provider One services card.

If you have questions about your Provider One services card call 1-800-562-3022. Hours are Monday through Friday 7:30am-5:00 pm. 

You can also access the State Medicaid Customer Service web page for information. Click here to learn more.

Girl in wagon