Call or Go to a DSHS Office
If you need to talk with DSHS about applying for Basic Food or other benefits, this page can help you decide if it is better to call DSHS or go to a DSHS office. If you want to know about benefits you are eligible for, call our Family Health Hotline at 1-800-322-2588.
Go to a DSHS Office
Office hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM-5:00 PM (Limited services after 2 PM). Early in the day is the least busy so arrive between 8:00-9:00 AM (Monday and the day after a holiday will be busy).
If you want help with benefits you are already receiving, please be sure to have your DSHS Client ID, your Social Security Number, and your income information with you.
If you need emergency food, go directly to a DSHS office between 8:00 AM–2:00 PM. The average wait time ranges from 20-45 minutes, but may be longer during busy times. Most people are able to receive benefits the same day they go to the office.
Here is a list of what DSHS can help you with if you go in to an office. Apply for benefits such as Basic Food, Child Care, Cash Assistance, TANF, SSI and Disability Medicaid.
- Submit documents requested by your caseworker
- Have an in-person interview or benefits review
- Report changes for any of your benefits
- Meet with a WorkFirst or Social Services case manager
- Access public computers
Call the DSHS Customer Service Center
1-877-501-2233. The service contact center is open Monday–Friday from 8:00 AM–5:00 PM. If you need to update information, please have your DSHS Client ID, social security number, gross monthly income and any other information needing to be updated ready.
Here’s a list of what DSHS can help you with if you call:
- Get information and report changes about any of your benefits
- Report changes to your account
- Apply for child care
- Complete an interview for Basic Food and other benefits
- Complete a mid-certification review for cash or food
- Access the automated Answer Phone system 24 hours a day
Are You Already Enrolled and Need Information?
If you are already enrolled, call the 24-hour Answer Phone at 1-877-980-9220. Have your Client ID and the last four digits of your social security number ready.
The automated Answer Phone can give you the following information about your case:
- Obtain status of your case
- Obtain payment information
- Get the phone number of your caseworker or be transferred to them
- Obtain information regarding your child care benefits
- Choose and change your PIN
- Check voice messages left by your caseworker
How to Get a Replacement EBT Card
Did you lose your EBT Card, or need to report a stolen EBT card? Call JPMorgan Chase at 1-888-328-9271. A replacement card will be mailed to you within 5-10 business days.
JP Morgan Chase can help you with:
- Request a replacement EBT card
- Review your transaction history
- Check your balance
- Change your pin
- Talk to a customer service representative
You can also check your EBT account by going to the JPMorgan Chase EBT Account website.